Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sequence Diagrams

This week I discovered the art of creating sequence diagrams for my implementation class. To be honest I never understood the importance of planning out a system before starting to programming. I always figured that I could program an application, or a program, faster than it would take to plan out the functionality and then program. I still believe that getting right to the programming could be a good strategy for a small program. With that being said, a complicated system can be very hard to implement, and planning out which elements of a program need to be able to talk to one another is very beneficial.


Sequence diagrams are beginning to be a little bit enjoyable. It is fun to plan out which entities need to be created, which methods they need to have, and which methods they need to call to make the system work as a whole. Designing a  system can be tedious, but it is very beneficial in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment